Welcome to the History 402A "Introduction to Public History" guide for Fall 2023
This guide is intended to supplement our synchronous instruction sessions this semester, for students to refer back to as they build out their culminating digital project, Mapping Confederate Monuments. If you have questions or need assistance, contact the Digital Scholarship Librarian using the information listed on the right.
At the end of this semester's library instruction sessions, you will be able to:
- explain why public domain and Creative Commons licensed digital assets can be used free of charge and without violating copyright,
- locate public domain and Creative Commons licensed digital assets,
- interpret and analyze a digital archival item record to determine usage rights,
- interpret and analyze a digital archival item record to identify relevant metadata to include in a digital mapping project,
- create a free Omeka.net account and join the class Omeka.net project website, and
- curate a collaborative digital mapping project in Omeka.net.