- Tables should replace text and not duplicate it
- If possible use Helvetica font
- Table number and title should be centered at the top of the table
- No period after that title of the table
- Capitalize all letters in the title, e.g.,
TABLE 1. RESULTS OF THE FIELD WORK IN 2021
- Leave chemical symbols in the title as they normally appear, (e.g., Mg, Al)
- Use the following sequence for footnotes: * (asterisk), † (dagger), § (section mark), # (pound symbol), **, ††, §§, ##, ***, †††, §§§, ###, and so on. All symbols should be set as superscripts
- Tables in the main text start with "Table 1", while tables in the appendix start with "Table A1"
- Tables should be numbered consecutively in the order that they are cited in the paper (i.e., Table 1, Table 2, etc.)
... and the data is shown in Table 3.
It was observed that the color of the mineral ranges from orange to red (Table 4).
GSA Table Guidelines
(from the Geological Society of America)