EndNote Web is a web-based bibliographic management software for collecting and managing references
Available to all current CSUF students/faculty/staff on and off campus. However, you might find that you need to register for the EndNote service while you are on campus.
Use EndNote Web to...
There is a direct link from EndNote Web to collect references from the Pollak Library Catalog
1. Login to EndNote Web.
2. Click on the tab Collect and then Online Search
3. See the drop down box under "Select database or library catalog connection."
Select Cal State U-Fullerton and then click on Connect
4. Notice that you can search by author/title/subject/ISBN
It is not possible to search by keyword.
5. Click any references you would like to transfter and add to group.
1. Start your search in our library catalog so you know the exact title of what you want.
2. Then, use EndNote Web's link to our catalog (Cal State U-Fullerton) and search by title.
EBSCO Database such as Academic Search Premier
1. Click on the title of your reference to open the full record
2. Click on Export(along the right side of screen)
3. Choose Direct Export to EndNote Web and click on Save
4. The WebNote Web Log-in Screen will pop-up (watch your pop-up blocker)
5. Log-In or Sign Up for an account
6. Your references are automatically placed in [Unfiled] Group (found in My Reference Tab)
7. To place your unfiled reference in correct group, click on title and then Add to Group
Proquest database such as... Sociological Abstracts
1. Search the database and locate the citations you want to send to EndNote Web
2. Mark your record(s) by checking the box to the left of the title of the citation.
3. Click on Export/Save (along the top of the list of records). Choose EndNote from the list and click on it.
4. Verify what you want to import and click Continue
5. At bottom of screen: Do you want to open or save ProQuestDocuments? Click on Save and then OPEN
7. Log on to EndNote Web
8. Your citations will be found in UnFiled (found in My Reference Tab)
9. UnFiled: From here, (along the top) you can move to the correct group or make a New Group
Cite While You Write is an EndNote Web plug-in designed to assist in writing papers.
It will insert references, and format citations and bibliographies automatically while you write your papers in Word.
To download the plug-in:
1. Log-in to EndNote Web
2. Click on Format and then Cite While You Write Plug-in
After loading the plug-in:
1. EndNote Web will appear on the Word toolbar
2. Click on it to log-in to EndNote Web
3. Click on Find Catation and enter in your author's last name
4. OR Go To EndNote Web to open the web in a 2nd window.
5. Always proof read the results and make necessary corrections.
Below is an example of what Cite While You Write will do for you.
Notice that the program formatted the in-text citation as well as the bibliography entry. However, it is
important to proofread and make corrections as needed. example: [Article] in the citation is not used in APA style.
In this article, the authors examine the attitudes and perceptions of land use of men and women living within 150 kilometers of the US Department of Energy's Savannah River Site in South Carolina. It was their conclusion that gender differences were a significant factor in the attitudes toward land use. (Burger, Sanchez, Gibbons, & Gochfeld, 1998)
Burger, J., Sanchez, J., Gibbons, J. W., & Gochfeld, M. (1998). Gender differences in recreational use, environmental
attitudes, and perceptions of future land. [Article]. Environment & Behavior, 30(4), 472.