The following steps may be completed after you login to EndNote Web, and they offer one option for generating a list of references.
- Click on Format in the navigation bar near the top of the page. (You should be in the Bibliography section after clicking on Format.)
- From the References drop-down field, please select the references you wish to use to generate a list of references.
- From the Bibliographic style drop-down field, select the citation style you wish to use. (Please note that if this is your first time generating a list of references in EndNote Web, you will see all available citation styles. In order to prevent scrolling through the list in the future, click on Select Favorites in this field. A window will open, and you will have an opportunity to add your desired citation styles by scrolling through the available options and clicking on each desired style. After clicking on a citation style, add it to your favorites by clicking on the Copy to Favorites button. When you are done selecting your favorite citation styles, click on Hide in the upper-right-hand corner to close the window.)
- From the File format drop-down field, select the RTF (rich text file) format option.
- Next, click on the Save button.
- The file containing your list of references should appear at the bottom of the screen or in a pop-up box.
- Open the file and edit as needed to ensure correct page format and citation format. (While EndNote Web offers a convenient way to generate a list of references, it may not do so with 100% accuracy.)