Welcome to the Anthropology 402 Museum Science guide for Fall 2020.
This guide is intended to supplement our synchronous instruction sessions this semester, for students to refer back to as they build out their culminating digital exhibit. If you have questions or need assistance, contact the Digital Literacy Librarian using the information listed on the right.
At the end of this semester's library instruction sessions, you will be able to:
- explain why public domain and Creative Commons licensed digital assets can be used free of charge and without violating copyright,
- locate public domain and Creative Commons licensed digital assets,
- interpret and analyze a digital archival item record to determine usage rights,
- interpret and analyze a digital archival item record to identify relevant metadata to include in a digital exhibit,
- create a free Omeka.net account and set up a basic Omeka.net website, and
- curate a digital exhibit in Omeka.net.