What's in this guide?
About This Guide
When you browse this guide you'll find:
- Information about the key types of records used in genealogy research.
- Information about what resources are available through the Pollak Library and neighboring Southern California repositories.
- Information about key online repositories.
- Tips and tutorials for finding and analyzing genealogical records.
- Where to find and how to use genealogy tools and forms.
- Genealogy gurus to follow and learn from.
Children answer the question "What is genealogy?" with varying degrees of success. They have a much easier time answering "What is family history?" How would you describe family history and the concepts related to ancestry and ancestral research to children?