What is EndNote Web?
To create an account: http://myendnoteweb.com and click on Create a Free Account
Note: You must initiate your account registration while physically on campus. CSUF IP address is needed for authentication.
EndNote Web (also known as EndNote Basic) is an online citation management application that can help you to organize your research material, including journal articles, into your own online database. Log-in here
- Can import references from online sources (For Web of Science and databases from major vendors, citations can be exported directly into EndNote Web.)
- Can organize references in subject folders (Create groups to manage subsets of references)
- Can view and edit reference details; can link to fulltext articles
- Can share reference folders for collaboration (read and write)
- Can access your EndNote Web Library from any computer with Internet connection
- Can create formatted reference lists in a variety of publishing styles
- Can use Cite While You Write with MS Word
- Can capture Web references from databases and sites such as Amazon and YouTube
- can find duplicates
- Can sort reference lists by author, year published, date item imported, etc.
EndNote Web Limitations
- 10,000 citations maximum per library
- Can hyperlink PDFs, images, etc. to citation records, but not as attachments
- Less functionality than desktop version of EndNote
- Available only to current CSUF people
EndNote Web Overview
This video will give you a brief overview of what EndNote Web can do for you.
EndNote Web Account
- See this page to open a free account available to current CSUF people.