Student Athletes' Library Guide: Websites
Ask yourself the following questions when evaluating websites:
- Is the author an authority or expert on the subject? Are they credible?
- What is the author's agenda? Do they have a bias? Are they trying to sell an idea or product?
- Who is sponsoring the site? What does the URL tell you? nonprofit (.org), governmental (.gov)
- What is the purpose of the site? To sell something? To inform?
- Who is the intended audience for the site?
- Do they use evidence to support fact claims, ideas, or opinions?
- Is the information current?
How to Avoid Alternative News
12 Dec 2016 in Culture, Design, Ethics, Journalism, Media, Rhetoric
Chart credited to Vanessa Otero