Welcome to University Archives and Special Collections. Our collections are available to CSU students, faculty, and the general public for the purpose of doing scholarly research. In order to provide you with quality service and to ensure the preservation of the records, the following procedures have been established.
- Upon each visit, researchers are asked to fill out a Registration Form.
- The Archives and Special Collections Reading Room is reserved for patrons using archival and rare book materials.
- Only note papers, pencils, laptop computers, cell phones, and research materials are permitted in the reading room. Briefcases, backpacks, coats, and other items must be left in a locker.
- Materials do not circulate and may not be removed from the reading room. Items will be brought to the researcher. Researchers may have one folder, one photo box, or one book at a time. Do not remove items from a folder or shift the order of items in a folder. Please maintain the existing order of records in a box or folder.
- Patrons are advised to either use nitrile gloves (available in the Reading Room) or wash their hands thoroughly prior to handling materials.
- Please limit conversation to avoid disturbing others. Eating, drinking (including covered beverages) are absolutely prohibited.
- U.S. Copyright Law applies to all materials in Special Collections and University Archives. In addition, reproductions of materials from the Archives and Special Collections may not be published in any form without written permission for use.
- Digital Cameras are permitted in the Reading Room, but only for use in accordance with the Archives photocopy rules and copyright policies.
- When finished with research materials please leave items in designated cart.