ENGL 101-Dickinson: Articles
Intro to Databases
Databases are collections of credible resources equipped with powerful search tools. They are invaluable for your research! Learn more in this great introductory video from Yavapai College.
Articles from Journals and Magazines
General Database Search Strategies
- Use " " for phrase specific searching
- The * character is used as a wildcard: enforc* searches for enforce, enforced, enforcement, enforcing
- AND narrows the search results
- OR expands search results (used for synonyms or related words)
- NOT excludes terms from a search
Fandom Celebrity Boosters
Fanatic Follower Supporter
Fan Following Enthusiasts
Admirer Buff Devotee
Aficionado Fan Culture Fanaticism
The Research Process
Use this diagram as a guide when doing your research.
Explanation of the research process. Choose topic. General overview. Narrow to research question. Type and amount of information. Choose access tools. Examine results. Evaluate sources. Repeat as necessary.