Cite While You Write (CWYW) is an EndNote plug-in which helps with writing papers. It will insert in-text citations and add citations to your bibliography automatically while you write your papers in Word.
To download the plug-in:
1. Login to EndNote Web.
2. Click on Format in the navigation bar near the top of the page and then click on Cite While You Write Plug-In. (Alternatively, you may access the plug-in by clicking on Downloads in the navigation bar near the top of the page.)
After installing the plug-in:
1. EndNote will appear on the Word toolbar.
2. Click on it to login to EndNote Web.
3. After successful login, you will have access to features such as Insert Citations and Go to EndNote Online.
4. As you write your paper, the Insert Citations feature will allow you to find a citation, insert it in the text of your paper, and add it to your bibliography as you write the paper. (Please note that as you write your paper, it also may be helpful to use the Go to EndNote Online feature available within your Word document so that you have access to all your references and have the necessary information to find the specific citations you wish to insert into your paper.)
5. Always proofread your citations and bibliography carefully and make necessary corrections before turning in your paper.