Theatre Research Guide: Pollak Library Theatre Holdings
Materials held by the Pollak Library in the field of THEATRE
Pollak Library Resources Especially for the Theatre Students
The Pollak Library is currently purchasing eBooks in large quantities. These eBooks have the advantage that our students can access the resources off-campus and that many student can use the same book. Most of our most current books are eBooks.
The vast majority of our journals are now online. Online journals have the advantage that our students can access the resources very quickly and that many student can use the same article.
Databases that are useful for Theatre research (see links to the database at the bottom of this page)
- International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance (EBSCO)
- International Index of Performing Arts (EBSCO)
- International Index of Music Periodicals Full Text (ProQuest)
- North American Theatre Online
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)
- Humanities Full Text (EBSCO)
- Social Sciences Full Text (EBSCO)
- MLA International Bibliography (EBSCO)
- Literature Resource Center Periodical Index
- American History and Life
- Historical Abstracts
Streaming Video The library is in the middle of an ongoing project of replacing all DVDs needed for classroom use with streaming videos. These can be shown in the classroom, in their entirely or brief clips as the faculty prefer. They can also be assigned to students, through a link in Titanium, for assigned viewing.
- Ambrose Video Collection of streaming video clips and full programs. The database includes Shakespeare’s plays produced by BBC as well as additional films in history, social sciences, literature, fine arts, and the sciences. fully cataloged and accessible through our catalog.
sample video Hamlet, BBC
- Kanopy. On demand streaming video for educational institutions. fully cataloged and accessible through our catalog.
Sound databases (see links to the database at the bottom of this page)
- Music Online from Alexander Street Press
- Any current CSUF Faculty or student can request any book or article or recording that we do not own through Interlibrary Loan. This is a free service and materials are likely to arrive in 2-5 days. The articles arrive electronically. Books are sent to this library so that the borrower can check them out.
Theatre Research Guide, http://libraryguides.fullerton.edu/theatre