Criminal Justice: Websites
Criminal Justice Websites
- NCJRS: National Criminal Justice Reference Service This website is maintained by the Department of Justice and provides information for professionals in the form of a searchable articles database, listing of events, information on grants and funding, a question answer service, as well as current news.
- National Archive of Criminal Justice Data NACJD's mission is to facilitate research in criminal justice and criminology, through the preservation, enhancement, and sharing of computerized data resources; through the production of original research based on archived data
- World Factbook of Criminal Justice Systems This website provides narrative descriptions of the criminal justice systems of 45 countries around the world.
- OVC: Office for Victims of Crime This national government website’s mission is to provide online access to assistance to crime victims and to promote changing attitudes, policies, and practices to encourage justice and healing for all victims of crime. The website’s search engine provides access to research reports and statistical data.
- Google Uncle Sam Searches for govenment information.
How Do I Evaluate Websites
Ask yourself the following questions when evaluating websites:
- Is the author an authority or expert on the subject?
- What is the author's agenda? Are they trying to sell an idea or product?
- Do they use evidence to support fact claims, ideas, or opinions?
- Is the information current?