English 101 Ferreira: Home
Where to get HELP
Vanessa Ferreira,, CSUF Faculty
Joy Sage, CSUF Librarian
This guide will show you how to:
- Where and how to get assistance from your librarians
- Find Books, both print and ebooks
- Find Scholarly Journal Articles
- The difference between a scholarly journal article and a popular magazine article
- Avoid Plagiarism
- Cite Your Sources in MLA format
- Evaluate Web sources
Prepare for Fun and Competition! Enter the Kahoot pin number given by the librarian.
For this essay, you will be writing on a television show of your choosing. Pick something your are interested in and that you think will provide enough material to write about. The goal is to analyze a television show--looking at visual images of different scenes and shows to determine what message is being sent and what underlying cultural implications the show presents. 5 pages in MLA format with a minimum of 5 sources.
Pollak Library’s Spark Tutorials are a collection of interactive tutorials in TITANium that will give you a thorough orientation to Pollak Library. Once you complete all of the tutorials (10-15 minutes each) , you will be familiar with the library’s services and collections, with the basic functions of the library website including how to get started with library research, and how to get help with library research. You earn a digital badge for 100% scores on each tutorial. The Spark Tutorials are closed captioned.
Spark Tutorial suite includes:
- Pollak Library: Services & Collections
- Pollak Library: Finding Books & Media
- Pollak Library: Finding Articles & Databases
- Pollak Library: Help & Support